Derby Worx uses ONLY 100% pure Krytox™ GPL 100** whenever a light racing oil is permitted for use in Pinewood Derby Car Racing . This is a premium synthetic thin-film lubricant that contains NO additives giving it an extremely low viscosity for quicker starts and faster overall runs of your Pinewood Derby Racer. Krytox™ GPL 100 will outperform any graphite or oil currently on the market today, give consistently faster run times for for up to 3 times as many runs as the leading Pinewood Derby Racing Graphite when applied correctly and does not require to be re-applied on or during race day to get maximum performance like graphite’s do. Not only is Krytox™ GPL 100 much easier, cleaner and faster to apply than graphite but it requires no break-in runs at all to reach top speeds. Not only is Krytox™ GPL 100 extremely clean and mess-free when properly applied, but Krytox™ GPL 100 is also much cleaner and easier on the race tracks requiring virtually NO clean-up like graphite. Krytox™ GPL 100 is also the perfect choice for that AWESOME paint job that you worked so hard on, where graphite will stain and ruin a light color paint job but Krytox™ GPL 100 will not.
*Available Exclusively at your Local B.S.A. Scout Store or on-line at www.scoutshop.com
** Krytox™ is a trademark of the Chemours Company.
NOTE: Please check your local rules before using.
When using Krytox™ GPL 100 it is important to remember that less is best. There is no benefit in over lubing, 1-2 light drops spread evenly to create a film on the axle and wheel hub bore are all that is needed for maximum performance.
- Place 1-2 light drops of Krytox™ GPL 100 on the axle shaft where the wheel will rest.
- Gently turn the axle with your fingers to allow the Krytox to coat the shaft where the wheel will rest.
- Place a wheel onto the axle shaft.
- Spin the wheel a few times and allow to come to a stop.
- Remove the wheel.
- Gently wipe off the excess oil from the axle with the edge of a clean soft rag.
- Re-install the wheel back onto the axle.
- Repeat for the other axles and wheels.
- MSRP: $23.95
- UPC: 730176740218
- Part #: 618788
- BSA Part #: 618788